Course Objectives (4 CE Credits)
The growth of digital technology in laboratories and dental practices can help doctors provide better and more efficient treatment. This course will present an overview of digital tools available for the clinician as well as techniques for potentially increasing patient case acceptance, such as clinical photography, CAD/CAM dentistry and useful strategies for increasing comfort for patients with new restorations. Participants who view this presentation will acquire useful clinical and practical information on additional related topics, including:
- Deciding on the appropriate restorative material for the anterior
- Replacing failing PFMs with CAD provisionals
- The step-by-step process for fabricating temporary restorations
- Treating periapical lesions
- Bone grafting
- Impressions with an implant verification jig for full-arch restorations
- Bonding an all-ceramic crown
- Preventing postoperative sensitivity in new restorations
- Crown-lengthening surgery in the posterior
- Replacing unesthetic composite veneers
Adequate preparation and informed decisions can go a long way toward not only ensuring comfortable procedures for patients, but also increasing chances of a long life for their dental restorations. In this presentation, experienced clinicians discuss their methods for keeping patients satisfied and treated well.
CAUTION: When viewing the techniques, procedures, theories and materials that are presented, you must make your own decisions about specific treatment for patients and exercise personal professional judgment regarding the need for further clinical testing or education and your own clinical expertise before trying to implement new procedures.
- Yan MT. The management of periapical lesions in endodontically treated teeth. Aust Endod J. 2006 Apr;32(1):2-15.
- Kumar P, Vinitha B, Fathima G. Bone grafts in dentistry. J Pharm Bioallied Sci. 2013 Jun; 5(Suppl 1): S125-S127.
- Nethravathy R, Vinoth S, Thomas A. Three different surgical techniques of crown lengthening: A comparative study. Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences. 2013;5(5):14-6.
- Ercoli C, Geminiani A, Feng C, Lee H. The influence of verification jig on framework fit for nonsegmented fixed implant-supported complete denture. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2012 May;14 Suppl 1:e188-95.
- Pini NP, Aguiar FH, Lima DA, Lovadino JR, Terada RS, Pascotto RC. Advances in dental veneers: materials, applications, and techniques. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2012 Feb 10;4:9-16.