Course Objectives (2 CE Credits)
This course will present the benefits of utilizing modern dental techniques and materials to simplify treatment. Participants will acquire useful clinical and practical information on several topics, including:
- Utilizing digital dentistry and CAD/CAM prosthetics to optimize treatment outcomes
- Fast stent-assisted delivery of dental temporaries
- Fine-tuning form and function when fabricating a complete denture
- Restoring form and function to the anterior with veneers and solid zirconia crowns after a traumatic dental injury
- Benefits of the dual-cord technique
- Preparing the intaglio surfaces of a solid zirconia crown before final cementation
- Benefits of a custom mouthguard for protecting athletes from dentition damage
Implantology and the evolution of bilayered restorations are relevant for clinicans seeking to ensure patients have functional and esthetic choices when they require dental intervention. In this presentation, experienced clinicians share their strategies to utilize the latest technologies to enhance patient outcomes.
CAUTION: When viewing the techniques, procedures, theories and materials presented, you must make your own decisions about specific treatment for patients and exercise professional judgment regarding the need for further clinical testing or education and your own clinical expertise before trying to implement new procedures.
- Qanungo A, et al. An innovative and simple technique of hollow maxillary complete denture fabrication. J Clin Diagn Res. 2016 Aug;10(8):ZD23–ZD25.
- Brüllmann D, Schulze RK, d’Hoedt B. The treatment of anterior dental trauma. Deutsches Ärzteblatt. 2011;108:565-70.
- Abadzhiev, M. Comparative research of the subgingival impression quality by fixed prosthesis using one and double cord retraction technique. Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers). 2010;15, book 2(2009):52-4.
- Mantri SS, Mantri SP, Deogade S, Basin AS. Intra-oral mouth-guard in sport related oro-facial injuries: prevention is better than cure! J Clin Diagn Res. 2014 Jan;8(1):299-302.