Course Objectives (1 CE Credit)
Fully edentulous patients face many challenges, such as discomfort, diminished chewing capability and low self-esteem.
The fixed full-arch implant restoration is a life-changing treatment option for these patients, restoring form and function to a degree that mimics natural dentition.
When sufficient primary stability is established, immediate provisionalization instantly addresses many of the problems associated with edentulism while establishing a template for the final restoration.
In this multimedia presentation, Dr. Paresh Patel illustrates the clinical advantages of this approach using a case example and straightforward parameters for success.
- Short- and long-term benefits of immediate provisionalization
- Immediate implant placement in full-arch extraction cases
- Chairside fabrication of an immediate fixed denture
- Basic diagnosis and treatment planning of full-arch implant cases
- Proper implant positioning in extraction sites
- Restorative workflow for the monolithic zirconia full-arch implant prosthesis
- Refining prosthetic design with immediate dentures and PMMA provisionals
- Patient benefits of fixed full-arch implant restorations
By providing the stability and function of a fixed prosthesis, the placement of implants to support a full-arch restoration represents the optimal treatment option for the fully edentulous patient. In many cases, a fixed temporary restoration can be delivered at the surgical appointment, providing instant relief for patients who suffer from compromised oral function and esthetics while setting the stage for a predictable final outcome that aligns with the patient’s precise expectations.
- Jacobs R, Schotte A, van Steenberghe D, Quirynen M, Naert I. Posterior jaw bone resorption in osseointegrated implant-supported overdentures. Clin Oral Implants Res. 1992 Jun;3(2):63-70.
- Preciado A, Del Río J, Lynch CD, Castillo-Oyagüe R. Impact of various screwed implant prostheses on oral health-related quality of life as measured with the QoLIP-10 and OHIP-14 scales: a cross-sectional study. J Dent. 2013 Dec;41(12):1196-207.
- Covani U, Cornelini R, Calvo-Guirado JL, Tonelli P, Barone A. Bone remodeling around implants placed in fresh extraction sockets. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2010 Dec;30(6):601-7.
- Tealdo T, Menini M, Bevilacqua M, Pera F, Pesce P, Signori A, Pera P. Immediate versus delayed loading of dental implants in edentulous patients’ maxillae: a 6-year prospective study. Int J Prosthodont. 2014 May-Jun;27(3):207-14.