The Comfort H/S™ Bite Splint is a splint designed to alleviate the pain and damage caused by severe bruxing or clenching of the teeth, and is available in clear, blue and pink. It is the most widely prescribed bite splint due to its comfort and fit. Two layers make up the Comfort H/S Bite Splint: a 1 mm soft polyurethane inner layer and a 3 mm hard copolyester outer layer. The soft internal surface rests comfortably against the teeth and gums, while the hard occlusal surface provides durability and bonds with acrylic for easy modification.
Each Comfort H/S Bite Splint is made with a standard flat occlusal plane and slight opposing cusp indentation or to your specific bite plane needs. They are fabricated from ISO-certified ERKODENT® copolyester and polyurethane discs, which are BPA-free and non-allergenic, making them ideal for patients who are allergic to acrylics or metals. Help your patients take a proactive step in protecting their existing healthy teeth by prescribing a custom-made Comfort H/S Bite Splint from Glidewell or one of the growing network of Authorized Comfort H/S Bite Splint Labs across the U.S.
Recommended Cleaning Instructions
- Brush and floss before using the Comfort H/S Hard Soft Bite Splint.
- Do NOT soak the bite splint in mouthwash, denture cleaner or alcohol.
- Do NOT place the bite splint in hot or boiling water or expose to excessive heat (such as direct sunlight). This may distort the appliance.
- After use, rinse the bite splint with water and store dry.
- Clean the bite splint with soap and warm water ONLY.
ERKODENT is a registered trademark of ERKODENT Erich Kopp.