Course Objectives (2 CE Credits)
This lecture will focus on sleep dentistry with emphasis on how to develop lasting relationships with physicians for practice growth. This is one of the biggest roles dentists can play in the area of airway issues. Building relationships created a partnership and referral basics.
At the conclusion of this lecture, participants will have familiarity with these topics:
- Patient screening for airway
- Communication protocols with physicians
- Medical insurance
- Misch CE, Suzuki JB. Tooth extraction, socket grafting, and barrier membrane bone regeneration. In: Misch CE, editor. Contemporary Implant Dentistry, 3rd ed. St. Louis: Mosby; 2008. p. 870-904.
- Ohta Y. Comparative changes in microvasculature and bone during healing of implant and extraction sites. J Oral Implantol. 1993;19(3):184-98.
- Vera C, De Kok IJ, Reinhold D, Limpiphipatanakorn P, Yap AK, Tyndall D, Cooper LF. Evaluation of buccal alveolar bone dimension of maxillary anterior and premolar teeth: a cone beam computed tomography investigation. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2012 Nov-Dec;27(6):1514-9.