BruxZir® Esthetic Zirconia
*Price is per unit and does not include shipping or applicable taxes.
Please note pricing is only available to dental professionals.
BruxZir® Esthetic Zirconia is a new category of dental zirconia made possible by years of research & development at Glidewell.
- Optimized combination of strength and translucency
- Lifelike vitality, engineered for the anterior
- Enhanced shade matching for predictable results
Beauty in a Class of Its Own
BruxZir Esthetic Zirconia is a new category of dental zirconia, made possible by years of research & development at Glidewell. This anterior-grade formulation is created using proprietary processing, which results in natural translucency, beautiful shade-matching and extraordinary strength. BruxZir Esthetic offers an average flexural strength of 900 MPa, and can be prescribed in tandem with the original BruxZir Full-Strength Zirconia to enable clinicians to utilize monolithic zirconia across the entire arch.
High Flexural Strength
The restorative formulations in the BruxZir Zirconia family exhibit flexural strengths significantly greater than those of other tooth-colored options, and exceed the ISO 6872:2015 strength recommendations for bridges of 4 or more units.
Enhanced Light Transmission
The BruxZir formulations exhibit superior translucency in the warm color wavelengths when compared to other zirconias, resulting in more lifelike restorations for patients.
A. 1.25 mm ideal reduction (0.7mm minimum)
B. Chamfer or modified shoulder margins preferred
C. Axial walls must be convergent (avoid undercuts)
D. Preparation should be cut in three planes
E. To achieve optimal impression quality, gingival retraction is necessary for preparations with subgingival or equigingival margins
Create Life-Changing Smiles
This patient expressed great dissatisfaction with her aging PFMs and the overall appearance of her smile. Her previous veneers were discolored and chipped. After considering all the options, the decision was made to restore her smile with a combination of BruxZir Esthetic crowns for teeth #4, #5 and #9 and Vivaneer™ BruxZir Esthetic Veneers on teeth #6–8 and #10. BruxZir Esthetic was chosen for its tremendous strength and beautiful, lifelike translucency.
– Clinical dentistry by Anamaria Muresan, DMD, ME, CDT
Create Beautiful, Youthful Smiles
This patient had aged, failing restorations on teeth #8 and #9. She desired a fresh, youthful appearance. To satisfy her concerns as well as to position the treatment for long-term success, the decision was made to deliver a BruxZir Esthetic crown for tooth #8 and to provide Vivaneer BruxZir Esthetic Veneers from first molar to first molar on her maxillary arch.
– Clinical dentistry by Anamaria Muresan, DMD, ME, CDT
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
“Having BruxZir Esthetic Veneers has solved all the issues that I’ve ever had with my upper teeth. I had chipped, short, worn teeth that were a shade of yellow that made me self-conscious. I absolutely love the way my smile looks now. I have more confidence and can’t stop smiling!”
Indicated for anterior or posterior crowns, bridges up to 16 units, veneers, inlays and onlays, screw-retained crowns and bridges, and implant prostheses.
Yttria Mol %
> 900 MPa of flexural strength
ISO 6872:2015 Classification
Cubic-Containing Zirconia (4Y)
In-Lab Working Times
A1, A2, A3, A3.5, A4, B1, B2, B3, B4, C1, C2, C3, C4, D2, D3, D4, BL1, BL3, White
Policies & Warranty
NO-FAULT REMAKE POLICY: Glidewell is pleased to process all remakes or adjustments at no additional charge if requested within the warranty period and accompanied by the return of the original appliance.
LIMITED WARRANTY/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Glidewell (“the lab”) warrants that all dental devices (a “device”) are made according to your specification and approval in the belief that the device will be useful and MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Subject to the return of a device that is placed and then fails, the lab will repair or replace the device without charge for the cost of materials and workmanship or refund the original price paid, at the lab’s option, for the life of the patient originally receiving the restoration from the date of placement. This limited lifetime performance warranty shall apply to direct end-user customers (treating clinicians) only.
Preparation with at least 0.7 mm of occlusal space is acceptable. The minimum occlusal reduction is 0.7 mm, but 1.25 mm is ideal. Chamfer or modified shoulder margins are preferred. Axial walls must be convergent (avoid undercuts). Preparation should be cut in three planes. To achieve optimal impression quality, gingival retraction is necessary for preparations with subgingival or equigingival margins. If the resulting crown thickness is 0.7 mm, the practitioner should not adjust the crown; any chairside adjustments should be done on opposing tooth.
Retentive tooth preparation: Minimum tooth prep height 3 mm with minimal taper. BruxZir® restorations can be cemented with any conventional luting cements: glass ionomer (GI), resin-modified glass ionomer (RMGI) such as RelyX™ Luting Plus (3M) and FujiCEM® 2 (GC America), or self-adhesive resin cements such as RelyX Unicem (3M) and Maxcem Elite™ (Kerr).
- Try BruxZir crown and make any necessary adjustments to contacts and occlusion.
- Clean internal surface of BruxZir restoration using one of the following methods: a. Sandblast with 50-micron aluminum oxide for BruxZir Full-Strength or 30-micron CoJet™ sand (3M) for BruxZir Esthetic at 2 bar/30 psi for 15 seconds. Rinse and dry. b. Apply zirconia cleaner, such as Ivoclean® (Ivoclar Vivadent) or ZirClean® (BISCO), to internal surface for 20 seconds. Rinse and dry. c. Apply 5% NaClO (sodium hypochlorite) to internal surface for 20 seconds. Rinse and dry. Do NOT clean with phosphoric acid
- Mix and place luting cement of choice in crown, seat and proceed with cleanup based on manufacturer’s instructions.
Non-retentive tooth preparation: Tooth prep height less than 3 mm or excessive taper. BruxZir restorations should be cemented with an adhesive resin cement such as RelyX Ultimate (3M), Multilink® Automix (Ivoclar Vivadent), NX3 Nexus™ (Kerr), or Panavia™ V5 (Kuraray).
- Try BruxZir crown and make any necessary adjustments to contacts and occlusion. We recommend using the BruxZir Adjustment & Polishing Kit.
- Clean internal surface using one of the following methods: a. Sandblast with 50-micron aluminum oxide for BruxZir Full-Strength or 30-micron CoJet sand (3M) for BruxZir Esthetic at 2 bar/30 psi for 15 seconds. Rinse and dry. b. Apply zirconia cleaner, such as Ivoclean (Ivoclar Vivadent) or ZirClean (BISCO), to internal surface for 20 seconds. Rinse and dry. c. Apply 5% NaClO (sodium hypochlorite) to internal surface for 20 seconds. Rinse and dry. Do NOT clean with phosphoric acid
- Place zirconia primer on internal surface of BruxZir restoration, such as Z-Prime™ Plus (BISCO) and dry for 3–5 seconds with an air syringe, or Monobond Plus (Ivoclar Vivadent) and let react for 60 seconds then dry with an air syringe.
- Mix and place any recommended resin cement on the internal surface of the restoration, seat crown and proceed with cleanup based on manufacturer’s instructions.
Adjustment Caution: Minimum thickness to maintain full strength of BruxZir Esthetic is 0.7 mm (ideally 1.25 mm). To prevent breakage, do not adjust bridge connector areas.
Adjust BruxZir Esthetic restorations using a fine-grit diamond with light pressure to avoid potential microfractures, or purchase the BruxZir Adjustment & Polishing Kit by calling 888-303-3975.
- A football-shaped bur is most effective for adjusting occlusion on the occlusal surfaces of posterior teeth and lingual surfaces of anterior teeth.
- A tapered bur is used for adjusting cusps or proximal contacts.
- A round bur is used to adjust a cusp or a fossa and for creating endodontic access.
Polish BruxZir restorations with the BruxZir Adjustment & Polishing Kit or the porcelain-polishing system of your choice.
- Using light pressure and no water, begin pre-polishing with the green cup. This will remove abrasions left by the diamonds during adjustment. The green cup can also be used alone for minor adjustments if you don’t want to use a diamond.
- Continue pre-polishing with the brown cup until a more glossy look appears over the adjustment areas.
- Use the white cup with light to medium pressure to achieve a “wet” high shine.
- The diamond-infused polishing discs gently remove surface defects and can be used to achieve a natural, high-shine where the polishing cups may not easily access.