Course Objectives (1 CE Credit)
Explore new materials and learn how to cut through the hype and confusion to make the best choices for you and your patient. Learn about the development of monolithic zirconia, the extinction of traditional PFMs, and other new technologies from the perspective of a researcher in dental technology.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will have familiarity with these topics:
- What to look for in restorative materials
- Choosing the right material for the right indication
- Getting the best out of any material you choose
- New insights from the latest research to guide your treatment choices
- Fasbinder D. Using digital technology to enhance restorative dentistry. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2012 Oct;33(9):666-8, 670, 672 passim.
- Ender A, Mehl A. Full arch scans: conventional versus digital impressions—an in-vitro study. Int J Comput Dent. 2011;14(1):11-21.
- Burgess JO, Lawson NC, Robles A. Comparing digital and conventional impressions. Assessing the accuracy, efficiency, and value of today’s systems. Inside Dent. 2013 Nov;9(11): 68-74.