Course Objectives (1 CE Credit)
This course will present the benefits of utilizing modern dental techniques and materials to simplify veneer preparation.
Participants will acquire useful clinical and practical information on several topics, including:
- Selecting the most suitable tooth preparation for veneers based on treatment goals, tooth shade, tooth alignment, spacing and occlusion
- Directly comparing the indications, advantages, disadvantages and other considerations of no-prep, minimal-prep and full-prep (conventional) veneers
- How the health of the patient’s teeth can determine the suitable veneer type
- Using a putty-wash matrix for creating an acrylic mock-up to visualize planned veneers
- Using an acrylic mock-up during treatment planning for veneers
Veneers are beneficial for enhancing smiles in multiple clinical situations. There are several considerations affecting preparation choice. In this article, Dr. Anamaria Muresan shares her strategies for utilizing the latest technologies to enhance patient outcomes.
CAUTION: When reading about the techniques, procedures, theories and materials presented, you must make your own decisions about specific treatment for patients and exercise professional judgment regarding the need for further clinical testing or education and your own clinical expertise before trying to implement new procedures.
- Morita, R. K., Hayashida, M. F., Pupo, Y. M., Berger, G., Reggiani, R. D., & Betiol, E. A. (2016). Minimally Invasive Laminate Veneers: Clinical Aspects in Treatment Planning and Cementation Procedures. Case Reports in Dentistry, 2016, 1-13. doi:10.1155/2016/1839793
- Ho, C. C. (2017). Appraisal and Cementation of Porcelain Laminate Veneers. Practical Procedures in Aesthetic Dentistry, 220-226. doi:10.1002/9781119324911.ch7.4
- Vanlıoğlu, B. B., & Özkan, Y. K. (2014). Minimally invasive veneers: Current state of the art. Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dentistry, 101-107. doi:10.2147/ccide.s53209
- Ashwag Ali Showail, Ahmed Mohamed Elmarakby. Ceramic laminate Veneers: A Minimally Invasive Approach for Tooth Esthetic Restoration. Int J Oral Health Dent Manag. 2017; 1(1); 1-5.