NOTE: Do not mix applicator tips. Always use a fresh applicator tip and discard it after each application. Protect mucous membranes by using a rubber dam. Ensure GLUMA does not contact soft tissue during application.
1. Remove loose preparation debris by spraying with water (pumice slurry optional).
2. Clean the stump or cavity thoroughly, rinse with water, and lightly air-dry.
3. For inlays/onlays and veneers only, etch with 37% phosphoric acid* (for crowns, skip step 3 and proceed to step 4). a. Inlays/onlays: Selectively etch enamel for 15 seconds OR etch enamel and dentin for 15 seconds with medium scrub pressure. Rinse with water for 10 seconds, lightly air-dry or blot, and leave tooth moist. b. Veneers: Etch tooth preparation for 15 seconds with medium scrub pressure. Rinse with water for 10 seconds, lightly air-dry or blot, and leave tooth moist. * Protect mucous membranes with a rubber dam.
4. Follow the following steps for GLUMA application (required for inlay, onlay and crown cases and only if dentin is exposed for veneer cases). a. Use a new applicator to apply the smallest possible amount of GLUMA required for treatment to the dentinal surface; leave for 60 seconds. Dry the surface carefully by applying a stream of compressed air until the fluid film has disappeared and the surface is no longer shiny. Discard used applicator. b. Repeat step (a) once more. c. Rinse thoroughly with water. See GLUMA instructions for additional details.
5. Using a new applicator, apply a coat of OptiBond XTR Primer with medium scrub pressure to enamel/dentin for 20 seconds.
6. Air-thin with medium pressure for five seconds.
7. Use a new applicator and apply a oat of OptiBond XTR Adhesive with medium scrub pressure to enamel/dentin for 15 seconds.
8. Air-thin with gentle air, then strong air pressure, for at least five seconds.
9. Light-cure for 10 seconds with minimum light intensities for the following curing units: a. Halogen lamp: ≥ 850 mW/cm2; b. LED: ≥ 1100 mW/cm2