When I first got here, everything we used to reline BioTemps was a methyl methacrylate, because it was the only material that would bond directly to the BioTemps. When I started using bis-acryl products like the one you mentioned, the BioTemps team told me that it wasn’t going to work because it wouldn’t bond to the material. Whether or not that was true, I never got a chance to find out because any time I relined BioTemps with a bis-acryl material it never came out. Whether that’s due to mechanical retention or whether it was actually some sort of chemical bond, I’m unsure. I had many years of luck using bis-acryls just like the one you mentioned without any problems.
The advantage of using a methyl methacrylate is that you have the opportunity to pump it up and down and make sure you’re not going to accidentally lock it into place.
One nice middle ground is available from DNG America (Englewood, N.J.), the makers of Luxatemp®. They have a product called Luxatemp Automix Solar, which is what I’m currently using to reline my BioTemps. The interesting thing about Luxatemp Solar is that once you put it into the BioTemps and seat it onto the preps, it’ll set on its own into a doughy stage that enables you to pump the provisionals up and down and make sure there are no undercuts. In fact, during this stage you can take it out and do trimming with scissors or even with a disk. You can then put it back in the mouth and make sure it all looks good. Once you approve of it, take it out and light-cure. That’s the final cure that brings it to its full hardness. You should give Luxatemp Automix Solar a try.